The ideal resource for practicing or aspiring school leaders this comprehensive book by special education law experts explores the most difficult and contentious areas of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act and its accompanying regulations. The authors synthesize concepts from leading special education cases and provide excerpts from selected legal decisions to help educators understand and more easily navigate the most pressing issues in special education law. Readers will find assistance in examining
This text serves as a current and concise desk reference for educators increasing their awareness of the legal requirements related to special education and strengthening their ability to work effectively with families and students.Features
- Entitlement to special education services.
- Procedural due process.
- Free Appropriate Public Education (FAPE).
- Related services assistive technology and transition services.
- Disciplinary sanctions for students with disabilities.
- Dispute resolution.
- Anti - discrimination laws.
About the Author
- Title - Essential Concepts and School - Based Cases in Special Education Law.
- Authored - Charles J. Russo.
- Primary Author Affiliation - University of Dayton.
- Other Authors - Allan G. Osborne Jr.
- Binding - Paperback.
- Pages - 368.
- Publication Date - 28 - Nov - 07.
- Primary Subject Code - Legal Issues - CAA.
- Item Weight - 26 oz.
- Copy Right Year - 2008.
Charles J. Russo JD EdD is the Joseph Panzer Chair in Education in the School of Education and Allied Professions and adjunct professor in the School of Law at the University of Dayton. He was the 1998-1999 president of the Education Law Association and 2002 recipient of its McGhehey (Achievement) Award. He has authored or coauthored more than 200 ar